Network Business (referred to hereinafter as 'Network Business', 'we', 'us' and 'The service') is a hosting service. All clients of this service are subject to the terms and conditions set in this document. By using the Network Business service, you agree that you have read, fully understand, and agree to abide by these Terms of Service and Acceptable Use Policy in full.
NOTE: 'AUP' is an acronym for Acceptable Use Policy.
1. Acceptable use policy of Network Business
A. Network Business services are to be used for legal purposes only. The service may not be used for, including, but not limited to:
- 'Warez' (illegal or non-paid material)
- Pornographic material
- Threats (Use of The Service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that threatens or encourages bodily harm or destruction of property.
- Fraudulent activity (Use of The Service to make fraudulent offers to sell or buy products, items, or services, or to advance any type of financial scam such as "pyramid schemes", "ponzi schemes", and "chain letters.")
- Harassment (Use of The Service to transmit any material (by e-mail, uploading, posting or otherwise) that harasses another.)
- Forgery or impersonation (Adding, removing or modifying identifying network header information in an effort to deceive or mislead is prohibited. Attempting to impersonate any person by using forged headers or other identifying information is prohibited. The use of anonymous remailers or nicknames does not constitute impersonation.)
- Unsolicited commercial e-mail / Unsolicited bulk e-mail (SPAM) (Use of The Service to transmit any unsolicited commercial or unsolicited bulk e-mail is expressly prohibited. Violations of this type will result in the immediate termination of all services until a full investigation is complete).
- E-mail / News Bombing (Malicious intent to impede another person's use of electronic mail services or news will result in the immediate termination of all services until a full investigation is complete).
- E-mail / Message Forging (Forging any message header, in part or whole, of any electronic transmission, originating or passing through the Network Business service is in violation of this AUP.)
- Network disruptions and unfriendly activity (Use of the Network Business service for any activity, which affects the ability of other people or systems to use The Service or the Internet. This includes "denial of service" (DOS) attacks against another network host or individual user(s). Interference with or disruption of other network users, services or equipment is prohibited. It is the Customer's responsibility to ensure that their software is configured in a secure manner. A Subscriber may not, through action or inaction, allow others to use their network for illegal or inappropriate actions. Network Business will not tolerate any subscriber attempting to access the accounts of others, or penetrate security measures of other systems, whether or not the intrusion results in corruption or loss of data.)
- Fraud (Involves a knowing misrepresentation or misleading statement, writing or activity made with the intent that the person receiving it will act upon it.)
- Infringement of Copyright, Patent, Trademark, Trade Secret, or Intellectual Property Right(s) (Distribution and/or posting of copyrighted or the aforementioned infringements will not be tolerated.)
- Inappropriate Use of Software (Use of software or any device that would facilitate a continued connection, i.e. pinging, while using The Service could result in suspension of service.)
- Distribution of Viruses (Intentional distributions of software that attempts to and/or causes damage, harassment, or annoyance to persons, data, and/or computer systems are prohibited. Such an offence will result in the immediate termination of the offending account.)
- Third Party Accountability (Network Business customers will be held responsible and accountable for any activity by third parties, using their account, that violates guidelines created within the Acceptable Use Policy.)
- Uploading binaries for malicious purposes (Uploading binary or source code to Network Business servers with intent to use them maliciously (i.e. ping flooding, DoS attacks etc), whether an act of malicious behavior is carried out or not. Such an offence will result in immediate termination of the offending account[s].)
- Service Termination (We reserve the right to delete any/all accounts on our servers, for whatever reason we deem appropriate. All refunds are given at the sole discretion of Network Business.)
B. Account Sharing (i.e. giving trusted friends your account password) is allowed ONLY when the third parties who shall be accessing Subscriber's account give the following details when a member of staff requests it:
- Address 1 (House number and/or street number)
- Address 2 (Any additional information regarding Address 1)
- E-Mail Address (Must NOT be a free E-mail service i.e. Hotmail)
- City and/or town
- Postal Code
- Telephone Number (Cannot be a mobile telephone, must be a fixed land line)
This is to ensure that we have all information of any third-party which will be accessing Subscriber's account, so if any abuse occurs etc, we have all contact information needed. If it comes to our attention that a third-party has accessed Subscriber's account without prior permission and authorization from a member of staff, then Subscriber's account will be suspended pending investigation and Vaul5 is under no obligation, legally or otherwise, to give refunds or re-activate the account. C. Banned scripts and/or Programs. The following scripts/programs are banned from any Subscriber's account unless explicitly stated by a member of staff in writing:
If subscriber is found to be running any of the above banned items, it will result in immediate account suspension.
2. Terms of Service for Network Business
Network Business agrees to provide services to the customer, subject to the following TOS (Terms of Service).
- Disclosure to Law Enforcement (The AUP specifically prohibits the use of our service for illegal activities. Therefore, Subscriber agrees that the Company may disclose any and all subscriber information including assigned IP numbers, account history, account use, etc. to any law enforcement agent who makes a written request without further consent or notification to the Subscriber. In addition Network Business shall have the right to terminate all service set forth in this Agreement.)
- Service Rates (Customer acknowledges that the nature of the service furnished and the initial rates and charges have been communicated to Subscriber. Subscriber is aware that the Company may prospectively change the specified rates and charges from time to time. The promotional offer is contingent upon Company achieving and maintaining its cost of service goals including but not limited to rates charged to company by its suppliers.)
- Payment (Establishment of this service is dependent upon receipt by the Company of payment of stated charges. Subsequent payments are due on the anniversary date of the month for that month's service.)
- Suspension of Service or Cancellation (Network Business reserves the right to suspend account/server access to any customer if in the judgment of the Network Business network administrators the customer's server is the source or target of the violation of any of the other terms of the AUP and/or TOS or for any other reason which Network Business chooses. If inappropriate activity is detected, all accounts of the Customer in question will be deactivated until an investigation is complete. Prior notification to the Customer is not assured. In extreme cases, law enforcement will be contacted regarding the activity. The customer will not be credited for the time the customer's machines were suspended.)
- Refunds (If Subscriber requests a refund for any unused time they have paid for, it is at the sole discretion of Network Business whether a refund will be issued or not.)
- Account Cancellation (All requests for cancelling accounts must be made in writing with at least 30 days notice but not more than 60 days prior written notice and sent to email@example.com you must have all account details to cancel.
- Abuse (Any violations of this agreement, which results in Network Business incurring any costs whatsoever from Subscriber's actions/abuse will result in Subscriber being liable to reimburse any costs incurred by Network Business from Subscriber's actions.)
- Resource misuse (Any abused bandwidth and/or resources (including, but not limited to CPU usage, RAM etc) i.e. running processes over your limit, will result in Subscriber being liable to pay any and all costs Network Business feels are necessary.
3. Violations of this agreement
If you believe there has been a violation of this document by a Network Business customer, then please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org including all relevant information.
We reserve the right to change, delete or modify, in any way, the contents of this document without prior notice. Any changes to this document become legally binding when a copy of the updated TOS and AUP becomes active at http://www.network-business.co.uk. You may request a written copy of this agreement by telephoning, writing, or e-mailing us. See the contact page for all contact methods.